On UK Mainland orders over £30
Yellow Septarian Pebble 7.2cm
Yellow Septarian crystals for sale from Madagascar.
This striking 7.2cm long stone has been cut by artisans into a sleek rounded pebble shape and carefully hand-polished to enhance the rich, earthy grey-brown and yellow tones present in it.
This rock, which is millions of years old, is also known as Dragon Stone because Septarian patterns are said to resemble dragon skin.
What Is Yellow Septarian Made Of?
Yellow Septarian is a rock composed from various minerals including yellow calcite, brown aragonite, grey limestone and chalcedony and white baryte.
It originated as a fossilised mud ball, which over millions of years underwent cycles of cracking and drying out, allowing yellow calcite to leak into the cracks to form its distinctive banded patterns.
How Did Yellow Septarian Form?
- 50 to 70 million years ago, during the Cretaceous period, many forms of life were abundant in the high seas.
- Over time, volcanic eruptions killed these sea creatures and created sediment on the sea bed.
- As the sea creatures decomposed on the sea bed, they accumulated in the sediment/rock and their remains released colourful minerals which were encased in the sediment.
- The accumulation of minerals and sedimentation led to the creation of nodules, or fossilised mud balls.
- Eventually, the sea levels lowered and receded, exposing the mineral-rich sediment to the air.
- The sediment dried out, and the rock shrunk and cracked.
- These cracks in the rock were filled with minerals such as calcite which added different colours to the rock and formed concretions.
- Sometimes, the minerals crystallised and formed druzy crystals.
- This rock, rich in various minerals and unique coloured bands, internal cavities, and cracked patterns, was named Septeyre or Septarian in reference to the word "septum", which means "cracks, partitions, or walls".
Where Does Yellow Septarian Come From?
Yellow Septarian can be found in locations such as the USA and Africa.
This particular piece was sourced from Madagascar, an island off the coasts of Africa known for its unparalleled riches of fossils and crystals.
Yellow Septarian Metaphysical Properties
Crystal healers report that Yellow Septarian has a diverse range of uses for healing, such as helping with communication, protection, and grounding.
Yellow Septarian Chakras
Septarian most potently connects to the Root Chakra due to its connection to the Earth element as a fossil born from the Earth.
This means that Yellow Septarian is incredibly grounding, and offers its user protection and security during times of unease and change.
Yellow Septarian also resonates with the Solar Plexus Chakra due to its elements of Yellow Calcite.
Alongside the ancient wisdom offered by this fossilised stone, Septarian improves the intellect and enhances mental clarity due to its symbolic yellow colour and link to the Solar Plexus Chakra.
How Hard Is Yellow Septarian?
Measuring 3 to 4 on the Mohs scale, this mineral is relatively soft.
Great care should still be taken not to damage the crystal surface by handling the stone gently and keeping it away from other stones.
To clean the crystal, simply use water and dry it afterwards with a soft cloth.
Yellow Septarian Crystal Collections
This gorgeous multi-coloured stone is ideal for the collector or as an impressive interior decor piece.
Yellow Septarian is perfect for both fossil collectors and crystal collectors as a statement piece to add to a varied fossil and crystal collection.
Buy Yellow Septarian online now at Madagascan Direct.