On UK Mainland orders over £30
Mookaite Jasper Pebble 6.1cm
Mookaite Jasper crystals for sale from Australia.
This stunning, large Mookaite Palm Stone measuring 6.1cm long has been carefully hand-polished to enhance its vibrant kaleidoscope of colour, which includes stunning yellows and reds.
Mookaite Jasper is one of the most striking stones we have to offer at Madagascan Direct.
This piece displays some small natural rough sections.
What Is Mookaite Made Of?
The mineral composition of Mookaite is referred to in a wide variety of terms such as Chalcedony and Chert.
Generally speaking, it is a silicate mineral in the same vein as Quartz.
It is often referred to as a form of Chalcedony, but geologists argue that technically it is a silicified (silicate-rich) form of Porcelanite rock.
Mookaite Fossils: How Did Mookaite Form?
Mookaite is built from fossilised remains of microscopic aquatic creatures, and some rare pieces can even contain trace fossils from the dinosaur era.
- Over a hundred million years ago in the Lower Cretaceous Period, microscopic sea creatures called Radiolarians died and sank to the bottom of the sea bed in an area of Western Australia named Mooka Creek.
- Their hard silica shells and mineral-rich skeletons decomposed on the sea bed, forming sediment.
- As the sea levels receded and groundwater rich in silica and other minerals seeped into the sediment, these fossilised remains were entombed in ever deeper layers of sedimentary rock, forming Mookaite.
- The vibrant colours and patterns of Mookaite are caused by these other minerals seeping in from groundwater, such as manganese and iron.
- Consequently, this type of rock is called Radiolarite after the creatures it is formed from, and more specifically rocks from which Mookaite is mined are called Windalia Radiolarite after the Australian area the geological formation is found.
- Gemstone Mookaite sourced from this formation often contains opaline and chalcedonic elements and tends to form in nodules, from which it is mined, cut, and polished into colourful gems.
What Does Mookaite Look Like?
Mookaite is incredibly vibrant in colour, and displays a range of vivid scarlets, brick reds, mustard yellows, and deep maroons in swirling patterns.
Jaspers are seldom found sporting a single colour and Mookaite is no exception.
Polychrome Jasper from Madagascar is very similar in appearance to Mookaite, but Mookaite is only found in Australia and its colours tend to be punchier and more vivid.
This rock is quite brittle and fractures easily, meaning that specimens often display faults, vugs, and holes, which only add to the earthiness and character of the stone.
Where Does Mookaite Come From?
This colourful stone is only found in Australia, and was named after Mooka Creek, where it is found in Western Australia.
Mookaite has been highly prized in the Aboriginal culture for years, and is known as a Mother Earth Stone which has a deeply spiritual connection to the Earth,
The Aboriginal people used Mookaite as a medicine and way of healing ailments, as well as for spiritual growth.
Mookaite Healing Properties
This colourful rock is highly energising and symbolic of vitality and life force: for this reason, it is associated with fire energy in Feng Shui.
Warm and nurturing, this stone benefits from its connection to the Earth element: while helping its user try new, exciting things, it offers protection and stability to keep them safe in their unchartered ventures.
Mookaite is a powerful stone for travellers and explorers: it perfectly encapsulates the invigorating feel of new beginnings, adventure, and exploration.
When used with the Root Chakra, Mookaite is very grounding and stabilising, and makes a great protection stone.
Mookaite is also associated with the Solar Plexus Chakra due to its elements of yellow colouring.
This chakra governs a person's will, determination, and confidence, meaning that Mookaite is great for people who are struggling with procrastination and self-esteem.
Finally, Mookaite can be very helpful when paired with the Sacral Chakra, which it is associated with due to its powerful gold-orange colours.
When used with this chakra, Mookaite can encourage passion, energy, and the development of strong instincts and gut feelings. This ensures that this stone is perfect for adventurers, adrenaline junkies, and travellers.
How Hard Is Mookaite Jasper?
Measuring 6.5 to 7 on the Mohs scale, this mineral is relatively hard and durable and resistant to scratching, but care should still be taken not to damage the crystal surface.
To clean the crystal, simply use water and dry it afterwards with a soft cloth.
This gorgeous Mookaite pebble would make an amazing gift for the crystal collector for it is a fine addition to any crystal collection.
Mookaite is getting quite difficult for us to acquire, so please act now to acquire some gorgeous Mookaite before it is too late.
Buy Mookaite Jasper online now at Madagascan Direct.